Thursday, September 29, 2011

NFL Power Rankings: Ryan Fitzpatrick is Outplaying the Patriots and Jets??

Embed from Getty Images

Funny how things change in a week...

32. Kansas City Chiefs (0-3):  I had the Chargers in my survivor pool; so this scrappy, injury-riddled group gave me a little scare in Week 3.

31. Indianapolis Colts (0-3)

30. St. Louis Rams (0-3):  Sam Bradford truly misses Danny Amendola. Rookie TE Lance Kendricks needs to step up.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2):  How is Blaine Gabbert supposed to develop with that receiving corps?

28. Minnesota Vikings (0-3)

27. Miami Dolphins (0-3)

26. Denver Broncos (1-2)

25. Carolina Panthers (1-2)

24. Cincinnati Bengals (1-2)

23. Seattle Seahawks (1-2)


22. Arizona Cardinals (1-2):  It's really negligible between the Cards and Seahawks, so I'll take Larry Fitzgerald as the tiebreaker.

Embed from Getty Images

21. Cleveland Browns (2-1):  Very impressive that they were able to squeak out a win without brusier Peyton Hillis.

20. San Francisco 49ers (2-1):  They may end up winning the NFC West by default. Ugly football being played out there.  


19. Chicago Bears (1-2):  If the Lions maintain their current pace, Jay Cutler's Bears may eventually become the forgotten team in the NFC North.


18. Tennessee Titans (2-1):  Soooo, I traded Roddy White for Kenny Britt prior to Week 3...ouch for me, ouch for Tennessee.

17. Washington Redskins (2-1)

16. Philadelphia Eagles (1-2):  Until they shore up their offensive line, they cannot be trusted.

15. Atlanta Falcons (1-2):  I laughed when I saw that Sports Illustrated's Peter King picked Atlanta to win the Super Bowl. They are probably the best 1-2 team, though.

14. Oakland Raiders (2-1):  If Darren McFadden can stay healthy, I believe the Raiders could upset the Chargers in the long run. I was extremely impressed by Oakland in Week 3 against my Jets, and reinforcements (Louis Murphy, Jacoby Ford) are on the way.  

13. Tampa Bay Bucs (2-1):  I respect that this unit refuses to let up or back down, regardless of the circumstances.  

12. New York Giants (2-1):  I'm a big Ahmad Bradshaw guy. On the other side of the ball, man, this defense really beat the crap out of Michael Vick.

Embed from Getty Images

11. Dallas Cowboys (2-1):  After a fourth quarter meltdown in the opener, much-maligned QB Tony Romo has responded with two consecutive fourth quarter comebacks while suffering through injury. Kudos.  

10. San Diego Chargers (2-1):  They've failed to impress me to this point, but I do like Ryan Mathews. He looks explosive, breaking out like LeSean McCoy did a season ago.


9. Houston Texans (2-1)

8. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1):  Like the Chargers against the broken-down Chiefs, the Steelers also nearly blew an easy win over the depleted Colts.

7. New York Jets (2-1):  Their offensive line looks horrible without All-Pro center Nick Mangold, their veteran receivers are failing to get separation, RB Shonn Greene has been a disappointment and their team defensive speed is down. I'm losing a little faith.


6. Detroit Lions (3-0):  I'm still a bit skeptical.


5. New England Patriots (2-1):  Their defensive play has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Embed from Getty Images

4. Buffalo Bills (3-0):  I have plenty of faith in Harvard man Ryan Fitzpatrick, but I still can't believe they're in first place after three weeks. Awesome storyline.


3. New Orleans Saints (2-1)

2. Baltimore Ravens (2-1):  Everything seemed to be back in order against the ragged Rams.

1. Green Bay Packers (3-0):  I'll definitely be surprised...if and when they lose a game this season.




Story Notes:

Greatest gainer:

Buffalo Bills from 13 to 4.

Biggest loser:

Philadelphia Eagles from 6 to 16.  

No comments:

Post a Comment