Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Mets Put Me On Life Tilt

Embed from Getty Images

In No Limit Texas Hold 'Em, a player often goes on "tilt" when a strong hand is cracked by a weaker hand that has -- in most instances -- been misplayed. A player on tilt usually plays differently in the short-term, throwing caution to the wind and recklessly "going on steam." Some tilters rant, rave, and turn red.

Well, as you can see from the title of this post, the New York Mets put me on life tilt. And how did they manage to do that tonight?

Interestingly enough, they put me on tilt during the Rays/Yankees game.

Where's the correlation? You wonder. 

Well, all it took was a bases loaded, extra-base hit by CF Curtis Granderson. Grandy came up in a big spot early on, and when Rays SP Wade Davis let a curveball hang middle-down, the Yankees' centerfielder came through with a clutch knock.

Embed from Getty Images

That was enough for me to tilt. It really was. 

I immediately said, "See, that's the difference between Yankees and Mets baseball! The Yankees' superstars deliver when they are supposed to!"

And when they do deliver, like Granderson did there, it's never a surprise to me.

But I'll tell you what is surprising...

When David Wright gets a hit with runners in scoring position. In fact, if I'm being completely honest, I'd have to say it's surprising when he doesn't strike out. I'm pretty content when he flies out weakly to shallow center.

Yeah, I'm bitter -- I know. But what can I say? I'm sick of watching my favorite baseball team find different, spectacular ways to fail on a yearly basis. 

And the worst part is...I don't see the light at the end of this dark, endless baseball tunnel of Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment