Wednesday, September 21, 2011

NFL Power Rankings: Jamaal Charles Goes Down, "Shady" McCoy Rises Up

Embed from Getty Images

Last time around I promised a blurb for each and every team; turns out I lied. I came close this time, though!

32. Kansas City Chiefs (0-2):  So long, Jamaal Charles. It was a fun two-week season for my fantasy team.

31. Seattle Seahawks (0-2):  Everyone wants to blame Tarvaris Jackson, but it has to be awfully tough without Sidney Rice and a running game.

30. Indianapolis Colts (0-2):  I guess Peyton Manning is pretty good.

29. St. Louis Rams (0-2):  Tough luck with injuries early on.

28. Carolina Panthers (0-2):  Cam Newton puts up those numbers and they're still 0 and 2? Yikes.

27. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1):  For the collective sake of their fans, I'm glad the Luke McCown era is over.

26. Minnesota Vikings (0-2)

25. Miami Dolphins (0-2):  At least they have Brandon Marshall and Cameron Wake.

Embed from Getty Images

24. Denver Broncos (1-1)

23. Arizona Cardinals (1-1)

22. Cincinnati Bengals (1-1):  Does the following statement make any sense (?): I was actually impressed by Andy Dalton when he threw two picks against the Jets in the preseason. I mean that, really. He could be the Real Deal with the right supporting cast.

21. San Francisco 49ers (1-1):  Give David Garrard a shot. Do it.

20. Cleveland Browns (1-1)

19. Oakland Raiders (1-1)

18. Tennessee Titans (1-1):  I traded for Kenny Britt this weekend...I hope he burns you, Steve!

17. New York Giants (1-1):  Enigmatic.

16. Washington Redskins (2-0)

15. Tampa Bay Bucs (1-1)

14. Dallas Cowboys (1-1):  Concerning injury list: Tony Romo, Miles Austin, Felix Jones and Terence Newman.

Embed from Getty Images

13. Buffalo Bills (2-0):  Will Ryan Fitzpatrick be considered a top 10 quarterback by Week 8?


12. San Diego Chargers (1-1):  Beat a good team for once, will ya?

11. Chicago Bears (1-1):  I'm a big Matt Forte guy. Phenomenal all-around back.

10. Detroit Lions (2-0)

9. Houston Texans (2-0):  I originally wrote, "The door is wideee open for a runaway division title" -- but I'm not sleeping on the Titans just yet.

8. Atlanta Falcons (1-1)

7. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1):  I'm not quite sure Big Ben is as ready to go as they say he is.

6. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1):  If Big Ben is a concern, then so is Michael Vick. In other news, LeSean McCoy might be the best offensive player who isn't a quarterback.

5. Baltimore Ravens (1-1):  I'm sure everyone made a lot of money betting on the Titans this past weekend.


4. New Orleans Saints (1-1):  Two of the best teams in the NFL were going at it in the season opener; there's no question about that.


3. New England Patriots (2-0)

Embed from Getty Images

2. New York Jets (2-0):  Both teams are 2-0, and the Jets knocked the Pats out of the playoffs last season. Yes, I just wanted to remind everyone that New York knocked New England out of the playoffs last season. Please Google this if you do not believe me. Thank you.

1. Green Bay Packers (2-0):  Innocent until proven guilty.


Story Notes:

Greatest gainer:

Buffalo Bills from 29 to 13.

Biggest loser: 

Indianapolis Colts from 13 to 30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment