Friday, June 9, 2023

Billy Eppler & Buck Showalter: I've Been Calling Their Demise All Along!

 

Photo Credit: SNY

Some Mets fans on Twitter have accused me of being a "Monday Morning Quarterback" when it comes to firing both Billy Eppler and Buck Showalter. 

That couldn't be further from the truth. I've been calling for their heads consistently - with good reason - almost the entire way. Here's the full timeline, with actual receipts: 

1. April 25, 2022: I wrote the Mets were winning in SPITE of Buck Showalter, not because of him. Questioned him batting Robinson Cano ahead of Jeff McNeil, while inexplicably taking DH at bats away from both JD Davis and Dom Smith. Receipt here: 


2. July 16, 2022: I called Colin Holderman one of the "ultimate keys" of the Mets' bullpen. Receipt here: 


3. July 22, 2022: I said the Pirates "fleeced" the Mets when they acquired Holderman for crappy Daniel Vogelbach. Receipt here: 


4. August 3, 2022: I made fun of Eppler's trade deadline acquisitions of Darin Ruf, Tyler Naquin, Daniel Vogelbach and Mychal Givens. I called failure RIGHT AWAY. Receipt here: 


5. October 8, 2022: I called Showalter a "lifetime loser" and pointed out how he was killing us in the most important games. Receipt here:


6. October 9, 2022: I listed all the ways I had already called the Mets' collapse IN ADVANCE. Receipt here:


7. April, 2023: I explained, in advance, why the Mets cannot win a World Series with Buck Showalter. Receipt here:


8. April, 2023: I explained why and how Billy Eppler is the worst GM in MLB. Receipt here:


9. May, 2023: I CALLED IT - Mets' winning streak wouldn't cover up long-term losing caused by the managerial combination of Eppler and Showalter. Receipt here:


10. June, 2023: FULL SUMMARY - 27 ways Eppler, Showalter and Steve Cohen have destroyed the Mets' franchise. Receipt here:


So you can't tell me I wasn't all over this from the very beginning.

John Frascella is a published baseball author who has been covering MLB for 19 years. Follow him on Twitter @LegendSports7 for all things Mets, MLB, NFL and NBA throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment